Friday, February 11, 2011

Three months until summer session.

I had a total of five undergraduate and graduate transcripts that I requested to be sent off to UNCG. Four of them came in and I am still waiting on the fifth. I'm glad that I am taking care of this now, and I feel like I'm having a test run of the med school application process. I know that I still have a few months to go, but since I am planning on taking much more than the recommended prerequisites, I was thinking that I should try to get ahead. I purchased theThinkwell Biology lectures, and I must say that they are suprisingly enjoyable. I have seen about 7-8 hours so far, and I am still interested in watching the next 50-60 hours remaining. I wish I could have someone as animated and interesting as George Wolfe to teach me in real life. I know that College level biology will likely go into much more depth than the lecture, but I am hoping that it at least will give me a good base which to attack my summer classes.

The thinkwell website sells the online version of the lecture for $150, and the physical CDs are an extra $25. You can only purchase the CD's from the thinkwell website if you already purchased the online version.

Amazon.com has a number of Thinkwell biology CD's for as low as $19.69.  You may have to pay a little extra for the notes, but I have been told that many online biology classes require Thinkwell biology lectures for their classes. It is definitely worth checking out.

If you are interested in watching a sample video, you can check out:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers